Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A new way to post

This post will have nothing to do with swimming, but it will be about this blog for some future posts.

A year ago during Christmas of 2006, I received as a gift, Dragons NaturallySpeaking - the speech recognition software product. I was excited about it since I am a techie and installed it and tried it out right away. The computer I was using was a unit built in 2004 - a laptop. Needless to say the power was not quite what I expected was necessary to do speech recognition. But last week I purchased a 2.4 GHz dual core AMD unit with 3 GB of RAM. Now the speech recognition is flawless. Or nearly so. I'm hoping that this will allow me to do better posts at least posts that are more readable. Like the spoken word, because actually they are the spoken word.

For the record, the majority of this post was composed by spoken word. Cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and can be a great contribution to this blog, but comment spam including those with links to external promotional sites may be deleted.