Friday, July 28, 2006

Autopilot - The Zombie Zone

Over the past two days, I’ve swum pretty hard during my workouts.  Not wanting to set any precedents, I broke the pattern today and took it fairly easy.  Still I think I got a pretty good workout, all things considered.  So if I took it easy, what good did it do?  Well I kept my long muscles primed and I found a zone.  Not the peak zone, but what one might call the zombie zone - the place where you can be working out and find peace.  It was great!  Like meditation.  Typically when I’m really pushing myself, I am focused on the task at hand.  In the “zombie zone,” all focus is elsewhere.  The lap count is forgotten, the task is forgotten, you go into autopilot, yet you are still accomplishing a necessary body exercise and resting your mind.  Like I said before - it’s great!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and can be a great contribution to this blog, but comment spam including those with links to external promotional sites may be deleted.