Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thoughts on Swimmers Pic

I was amazed when I first saw this picture (see previous post).  This shot was taken sometime in what I believe to be the nineteen thirties.  I believe, we found it in among some old heirlooms that had been stored away (I’ve had it a while, so I can’t be certain).  My first impression was the animation of the people.  They’re not staring blankly into the camera like so many old timey pictures do.  Must be having too much fun swimming.  Check out the swim suit designs.  The two-piece (left most) was a complete surprise - ahead of its time?  And the one-side moon shaped cut out on the woman’s suit is pretty radical.  Also those white swim goggles.  They are so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and can be a great contribution to this blog, but comment spam including those with links to external promotional sites may be deleted.