Friday, March 26, 2010

2,000,000 Meters and Counting

Warning:  Serious gloating in this post.  I hit another mini-goal today, with the completion of my two millionth swimming meter since I starting adding up my laps a few years ago (I only started counting because I needed something to keep me going, thought it was cool when I realized 1,000,000 meters was attainable and now I've doubled that!).  So what is 2,000,000 meters?  It's 80,000 lengths and 40,000 laps (25 meter pool), too many flip turns to count and 804 workouts.  Reality knocking ... serious competitive swimmers probably do this in 1/3rd the time or less.  Much less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and can be a great contribution to this blog, but comment spam including those with links to external promotional sites may be deleted.