Thursday, June 14, 2007

Arm Positioning for Strongest Stroke


I've been experimenting with arm positioning, trying to find what gives me the strongest stroke with the least fatigue. I've tried everything from the straight arm stroke to an L-shaped stroke, where my fore-arm is perpendicular to the pool bottom and my upper arm is pulling back horizontally, like the arm on an old train wheel. This latter position intrigues me the most and was shown to me by a high-school swim coach. I'm thinking the long arm may be the strongest if the shoulder muscles are built up sufficiently, but I've got to work with what I have. Will keep posting as I find what's working best.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 14, 2007

    Just wanted to say thanks for all the tips. I have just discovered your blog and I have started reading all the archives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome. I hope you get something of value from them. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome and can be a great contribution to this blog, but comment spam including those with links to external promotional sites may be deleted.